Vacancy for Youth Worker, BallyholmeFriday 27 July 2018
St Columbanus, Ballyholme, is a Christian family of all ages, dedicated to building the Kingdom of God through worship and service. Our vision is that our Youth Ministry will nurture, encourage and equip our young people in their spiritual development, ministries and outreach.
In working to this vision, we are committed to providing an appropriate and stimulating programmes for our young people (11–18) that:
- Provides an attractive next step for those leaving primary school and Children’s Church.
- Deepens and nurtures the faith of our young people and supports those preparing for confirmation.
- Encourages our young people to see themselves as fully integrated and committed members of the church family, as well as encouraging the church family to value and include their younger members at all levels of church life.
- Offers our young people opportunities for worship and service within and beyond the Parish.
- Prepares our young people for the challenges of today’s society Is supported by teams drawn from our Parish membership.
From September 2018, we plan to employ a full time Youth Worker
Guided by the doctrine, traditions and authority of the Church of Ireland, the aims of the Youth Worker role include:
- Supporting our young people to grow socially, emotionally and spiritually.
- Building and developing a youth ministry team.
- Developing initiatives aimed at providing instruction and illustrating the Christian way of life.
- Nurturing our young people’s gifts and talents and encouraging them to play an active part in the life of the church.
- Liaising with church organizations and committees (youth and adult) and creating opportunities for partnership activities.
- Having fun!
Expressions of Interest
Those interested in applying for the Youth Worker post should provide the following information to Canon Simon Doogan at email@example.com
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum two sides of A4).
- Personal statement setting out how you meet the personal qualities, qualifications, experience and skills required for the post (maximum one side of A4).
- The names and contact details of two referees.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 10 August at 5.00 pm