Kilbroney Centre Intern ProgrammeWednesday 03 April 2019
The Kilbroney Centre is a growing, residential ministry located in Rostrevor, nestled between the Mourne Mountains and Carlingford Lough. The Centre was established in 1974 as a Christian residential centre under the auspices of the Church of Ireland in Down and Dromore.
This rapidly expanding ministry is in need of dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers who will work with us as Interns from September 2019 to August 2020. If you are aged 18–25, passionate about Jesus and want to reach and serve others, this could be for you.
The Vision for the Centre is to share the good news of Jesus by providing a positive and welcoming residential experience, encouraging and promoting the Christian Faith to all who use the Centre, promoting a spirit of reconciliation, harmony and inclusion through the Centre and the community of which it is a part, educating those attending the Centre of the importance of the natural habitat and of environmental conservation and empowering and inspiring young people and leaders within the Christian faith.
Interns would be expected to help with a variety of duties to support the Centre’s ministry such as house–keeping duties e.g. changeovers, laundry, set up and wash up at catered mealtimes in association with the cook, basic maintenance assistance of the site under the supervision of maintenance officer.
Interns would also be involved in hosting and welcoming our guests during the course of their stay to include all aspects of fire safety, introduction and/or departure meetings with groups, nightline, campfires and other on–site activities.
We would also expect our interns to take an active role in the planning, delivery and assistance for programmes such as our New Year House Party and Summer Camps.
A Commitment to the life and work of the local Church of Ireland Parish Church in Rostrevor through regular Sunday worship is essential and participants will be expected to be:
- Passionate about their faith in Jesus Christ and committed to growing as Christians.
- Enthusiastic about our vision of reaching children and young people through residential stays.
- Keen to learn and develop skills and abilities.
- Organised, motivated and hard–working Committed to the ethos and values of the Kilbroney Centre and the Church of Ireland.
What will our Interns gain?
An all–round residential intern year enhancing your skills and experience in a Christian ministry setting.
- Accommodation, heat, light, power, internet and a monthly allowance provided.
- Recognised and accredited training in areas such as: OCN Level 2 in Youth Work. Level 2 Food Hygiene. Level 2 Emergency First Aid.
- Outdoor and on–site activity training e.g. archery, campfire, nightline, paintballing.
- Development of Leadership skills.
- Event planning and delivery.
- Youth and children’s programme development.
- Group work facilitation.
- Multi–media skills.
- Reflective practice.
- Support and challenge to help grow the faith of participants through mentoring, Bible study and discipleship programmes.
For further information or to request an application pack please contact Jan Peach on: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 8 July 2019