Diocesan Evangelists – 3 June
- We pray for the Diocesan Evangelists serving in Down and Dromore. For their equipping, encouragement and for fruitful ministry.
- For the three new evangelists to be commissioned by Bishop Harold on Sunday evening 3 June at a service in Willowfield Church. For Glynis, Norman and Stuart, that they would know the anointing of the Holy Spirit as they step out in faith.
- We ask God to open new doors for the gospel, so that many would put their trust in Jesus for the first time.
Down and Dromore Synod – 10 June
Taking place in Magheralin Parish on 14 June 2018
- We pray for Bishop Harold as he leads the diocese and delivers his Presidential address to Synod.
- For the presence of the Holy Spirit in all the proceedings and that Synod members, clerical and lay, would be guided into wise decisions.
- We pray for the mission and unity of the diocese. May we love and encourage one another in the work of God.
Dromara & Garvaghy – 17 June
Diocesan Curate: Colin Taylor
- We thank God for the Sunday School Leaders in the two parishes.
- We pray for God’s blessing upon the Garvaghy Children’s Day this week.
- Pray for our Diocesan Lay Reader Jacqueline, and our Parish Readers, Glynis, Vera and Nichola who help to lead worship in the parishes.
– 24 June
Rector and Dean: Geoff Wilson, Curate (NSM): Trevor McKeown
- Our weekend of Outreach and Mission in October; for our speaker Revd Carlton Baxter as he prepares for each event and for the parish as we seek to reach out beyond the walls of the church.
- Our parish team travelling to Northern Uganda in the last 2 weeks of October; for deepening relationships with our link Diocese of Maridi and for healing of hearts and minds as we participate in the Peace and Reconciliation conference in Arua.
- Our parish vision process as it continues to unfold and take on flesh; that we would remain faithful to those things which the Lord placed on our hearts at the beginning of the process and that our Church would continue in Knowing, Growing in and Showing Jesus.
- As we develop our lay visitation team, we pray for our senior church members; that they would feel valued, loved and know they belong.
Thank you for praying