Glen Community Church – 29th October
Leader: Stephen Doherty
- Please pray for God’s richest blessings placed upon our church family through a visible witness of spiritual growth and maturity in individuals as they continue their journey of faith.
- May we be full of Jesus’ love and compassion as we tackle the dark battles of mental health and suicidal issues across our community. Pray that we will show Christ as the alternative to the darkness.
- We ask for the Spirit’s power, strength and support as we continue to work through relationships.
- May we know God’s guidance and protection as we explore sustainability as a church family seeking to grow His kingdom.
Diocese of Maridi, South Sudan –
Bishop: Justin Badi
- As government and rebel forces continue with violent skirmishes, please continue to pray for peace and stability in South Sudan.
- Pray for the priests in the Diocese of Maridi to be able to handle the current dangerous situation because much of their work involves sacrifice.
- Please pray for Bishop Justin and his family. Some of the children stayed with the bishop and Mama Joyce as he completed his studies in Uganda. As the situation at home remains dangerous, pray for the resources to be released so that the children can remain in a safe location.
Glencraig – 12 November
Rector: Simon Richardson
- Pray for guidance in how to connect more with our local community.
- For a greater awareness of the calling of every Christian to a ministry of proclamation and reconciliation.
- Pray for members of the community whose strength and mobility are failing.
- For engagement with the change in culture that we are all confronted by.
Greyabbey & Kircubbin… – 19 November
Rector: Gill Withers
- We give thanks for our Sunday Club, for the enthusiasm of the leaders and for our young people who are growing in their faith.
- We pray for those attending the follow up to Alpha using the course ‘NUA’ by Scripture Union, giving a fresh expression to faith for those doubting, searching, believing or who simply don’t know.
- In our rural setting we pray for all who find themselves isolated or lonely. Pray that they would be enabled to become involved in community initiatives designed to bring them together for their wellbeing.
- As we worship faithfully week by week, may we be built up in faith, encouraged in love and equipped through the power of the Holy Spirit to do God’s will.
Groomsport – 26 November
Rector: Duncan Pollock
- Give thanks with us as we celebrate the 175th anniversary of the foundation of our lovely little church on Advent Sunday.
- Remember our Project Manager Barry, our Architect Ken, the Select Vestry and our partners as they plan and prepare for the refurbishment project next year.
- Give thanks for the ongoing generosity of our congregation and Parish which is making this much needed building work possible.
- Pray that Groomsport Parish Church will continue to stand as a witness to the Gospel for many more years to come.
Thank you for praying