Bangor Primacy–3 February
Bishop’s Curate: Francis Rutledge
- The ongoing work and ministry of the CAP (Christians Against Poverty) debt centre. David Conn (Centre Manager), volunteers and our clients on their journey out of debt. Give thanks for over 8 years of faithful and fruitful engagement, helping bring people into community, restoring families and transforming lives.
- Toddlers @ Primacy – being thankful for the continued enthusiasm of our volunteers and for the many who come our way through this group.
- Third Space – a weekly informal gathering in our local McDonald’s to talk about life and God. Pray for the ongoing relationships being built and for others to join our gathering.
- How we develop life–giving patterns of discipleship, as a community of followers of Jesus, during this coming year.
- Our ongoing conversation and exploration around neighbourhood as the critical place where, as followers of Jesus, we can live, witness and be on mission. Pray that the Holy Spirit will direct us in all that we do and that we will be given fresh eyes to see God at work in our neighbourhood.
Bangor St Comgall’s–10 February
Rector: Nigel Parker, Missions and Operations Coordinator: Matthew Gault, Pastoral Assistants: Stanley Bourke, Norman Jardine, Worship Coordinator: Gillian Wilson
- We give thanks for the new ministries launched in the past year.
- We continue to pray for our next Alpha Course beginning on 3 February.
- Please pray for our Compassion Ministries; the Coffee drop–in and Clothes Boutique.
- Please pray that our links with SAMS and Tearfund will develop further.
- Please pray for our Staff, Pastoral Assistants, Volunteers and Interns, Mel Montgomery and Calum Caughey.
- Please pray for our family, youth and children’s ministries.
Rector: Revd John Cunningham, Part–time Stipendiary Minister: Pat Lennox
- Give thanks that the local community is enjoying a long period of peaceful co–existence.
- Pray that all those agencies that use our churches would continue to thrive and augment our social outreach.
- Pray that the Revd Pat Lennox may, in God’s will and power, succeed in developing a new and innovative parallel worshipping community within the parish.
- Pray for those in our parish who struggle in their day–to–day existence.
- Pray that we would always have sufficient to share with others.
Ballynafeigh– 24 February
Rector: Peter Bourke, Outreach Worker & Pastoral Assistant: George Okikiolu
- Give thanks for the commitment St Jude’s has to the Great Commission in seeking to reach people from all nations (Matthew 28v16–20).
- Please pray with us The Lord’s Other Prayer (Matthew 9v37–38): “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
- Please pray that the Lord would raise up a new Children’s & Youth Worker and Ministry Intern this year.
Thank you for praying