The Diocese of Down and Dromore has a missional calling and the Council for Mission makes a valuable contribution to the expression of that calling under the following remit:
- to stimulate within the diocese the priority and urgency of mission
- to work to ensure the quality and complementary nature of mission at home and throughout the world
- to maintain close relationships with other bodies concerned with mission, including the General Synod Council for Mission and the Association of Missionary Societies
- to promote effective models of mission and evangelism;
- to encourage programmes of renewal;
- to initiate and encourage enterprises and links which will further the mission of the Church; and
- to foster interest in members of the Church of Ireland serving in Ireland and other parts of the world.
Current membership of the Council for Mission is downloadable as a PDF here.
The diocese has formal links with a number of Mission Partners, although we recognise that many parishes have specific short–term links with others.
Sharing stories of faith in action. Click here to see a series of four videos commissioned by the Council.