Killaney & Carryduff – 7 January
Rector: Stephen Lowry, Deacon Intern: William Jeffrey
- For the development of weekly child–friendly worship with currently very few children routinely present.
- Pray for the growth of interest in Bible study and prayer beyond the current small number of participants.
- For the preparation of around ten young adults for confirmation in 2018.
- Pray for the continued integration of hall–based youth organisations into patterns of Christian worship and discipleship.
- For the continued preparation of deacon intern William Jeffrey, by Stephen Lowry, as he completes his intern year and seeks God’s next direction for him.
Killinchy, Kilmood & Tullynakill – 14
Rector: Stanley Gamble
- Children and young people: please pray for the work of the Sunday School and youth organisations in our parish.
- Senior citizens: please pray for the older members of our congregation and in particular the work of the Tuesday Club.
- The sick and bereaved: please pray for those who are sick at this time or have recently been bereaved.
- Special projects: please pray for those involved in the delivery of a new Vestry at Killinchy and a new Community Hall at Kilmood.
Killyleagh – 21 January
Rector: Colin Darling
- As St John’s Parish Centre, Killyleagh, is dedicated on 21 January by Bishop Harold, please give thanks for the blessing of this new building, for those whose vision, drive and commitment brought it about, and for those who gave of their time, talents and resources to make it happen.
- Pray that the parish will grab this opportunity to make new connections and friendships and to meet needs not addressed elsewhere by being the body of Christ in the community.
- At the start of this new exciting road, full of potential and possibilities and renewed impetus, your prayers are asked for St Johns’ members to deepen their faith, strengthen their fellowship and grow in spirituality.
- With few teenagers coming to church, pray for this year’s confirmation candidates as they continue their preparation for confirmation; that this group of young parishioners will truly know Jesus.
Kilmore & Inch – 28 January
Rector: Stephen Smyth
- Pray for the effectiveness and witness of our Food Bank Ministry which has been running now for the past three years.
- Please pray for our Ministry Team as we strive to meet the teaching, worship and pastoral needs of the parish.
- We have a number of folk completing study programmes at diocesan and parish level. Please pray for them as they learn to exercise their gifts and training.
- We have one person exploring the possibility of ordination. Please pray for a sense of God’s call on their lives and discernment for those with the responsibility of selection.
- Please pray for our Precepts Bible Course, asking the Lord to impart a real thirst for His Word among His people.
- We give thanks for the completion and near completion of several glebe projects.
- We pray that the Lord would grant us a real heart for World Missions.
Thank you for praying