April & May 2019
Rector: Bill Press
- Give thanks for our Holy Week services this week – held jointly in fellowship with St Jude’s Ballynafeigh.
- Rejoice this Easter Sunday in the gospel of Jesus’ death and resurrection and the salvation he has won.
- Please pray for the candidates at the Confirmation service to be held at Knockbreda on Easter Sunday evening.
Rector: David Brown
We pray for God’s blessing upon:
- our plans to consider how to more purposefully involve children in Sunday School and worship through Cafe Church, Sunday School and All–age services;
- our Pastoral Visitors Team as they build on the Preparation courses they have attended; that they would be a true blessing through pastoral care to those, often lonely, who can no longer easily attend church;
- our Church members to prayerfully and personally undertake to positively respond to growing the finances of our church, that its ministry, in all aspects, would be fruitful.
- Pray that we would keep our aims as a church always before us. That we would know Jesus, show Jesus and share Jesus.
Mount Merrion – 5 May
Rector: Adrian Green
- That our new Select Vestry settles quickly into its role and ensures that all God has blessed us with in Mount Merrion is used for the expansion of his Kingdom.
- That our current building work, when completed, will help us engage more with our local community.
- For our PAIS team as they work in our local primary and secondary schools and also for all students about to sit exams.
- For our planning group looking into our first overseas mission trip.
Church of Ireland General Synod – 12
Taking place 16–18 May in Derry/Londonderry
- We pray for the President of General Synod, the Most Revd Richard Clarke, Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland, and for the House of Bishops.
- For the presence of the Holy Spirit in all the proceedings and that Synod members, clerical and lay, would be guided into wise decisions that are true to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We pray for the mission and unity of the Church of Ireland, that we would be a vibrant source of God’s saving grace in this island of Ireland.
- For Synod staff as they work before, after and during the event.
Orangefield – 19 May
Rector: Ross Wilson
- Please pray for the group of young people and not so young people (!) who are being confirmed on Sunday May 26.
- St John’s is committed to a project to upgrade the church building – please pray that God would provide the funds we need for this very necessary refurbishment.
- Please pray that God would deepen our worship and wonder together as we meet as a church family in large and small gatherings.
Sydenham – 26 May
Leader: Joe Turner
- We thank God for what he has done in Sydenham and is continuing to do. Pray for new ideas, plans and visions.
- For God’s direction in bringing our broken community into our church and for us as we go out into our community.
- Addictions are a massive issue. Please pray for anointing as we start to tackle this with our new course in September.
- For families who have been bereaved and others who find themselves in difficult situations.
- Encouragement for our church family and the salvation of our friends and loved ones.
- Protection and equipping for those God is raising up in leadership.
Thank you for praying