Annahilt & Magherahamlet – 1 April
Rector: Robert Howard
- We pray that in this Easter season we would know the reality of the resurrection in our daily lives.
- Pray that the spiritual growth of the young people in both our parishes may blossom and flourish.
- For all those holding office in the coming year following our recent General Vestry meetings.
Annalong – 8 April
Diocesan Curate: Robert Smyth
- That our conversations would be godly, loving and Christ–honouring. That we would fully understand and consider that the tongue, like the “bit in the horse’s mouth, the small rudder in a ship and the small spark that sets off a great forest fire, the tongue can corrupt the whole body and set the whole course of one’s life.”
- That we would have complete confidence in the gospel as God’s full, final and sufficient revelation. So we would pray for faithfulness, obedience and godly living under the authority of the scriptures.
- That we would fully appreciate God’s “glorious riches, in power through his Spirit, in our inner beings, so that Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith. That we may be rooted and established in love in order to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.”
Ardmore – 15 April
Bishop’s Curate: Terence Cadden
- Give thanks for the Christian witness of Ardmore Parish stretching back to the early days of Christianity in Ireland.
- Give thanks for the five young people confirmed on Palm Sunday.
- Give thanks for the mutual encouragement of Ardmore and Seagoe due to their partnership.
- Pray for a deepening of Christian commitment and service nourished by worship.
- For the guidance of the Holy Spirit on how the Parish could develop.
- For the use of the community hall in reaching out to the wider community.
Castlewellan & Kilcoo – 22 April
Rector: Brian Cadden
- Please pray for those planning and delivering the music ministry Sunday by Sunday.
- For farming families, their work in difficult times and the enrichment of community friendships.
- Pray for the cross–community prayer and Bible study group.
- For inter–community pastoral support and encouragement.
Clonallon & Warrenpoint with Kilbroney
– 29 April
Rector: Colin McCormack
- Please pray for our four confirmation candidates.
- Pray for the resources to encourage the spiritual growth of all those who have been confirmed over the past six years.
- Pray for a deeper understanding of the nature and challenges of ministry in a parish where members of the Church of Ireland are in a minority.
Thank you for praying