July & August 2018
Drumgooland – 1 July
Rector: Gerald Macartney
- Please pray for the work to move forward on the project to finish the refurbishment of the Parish Hall in Rathfriland.
- Please pray also for a successful outcome to our planning application to extend our graveyard and car park in Drumgooland.
- For continued growth in our parishes, for our musicians and for the commitment of the praise groups in both parishes.
- We pray that all our parishioners will have a relaxing summer and return renewed for our continuing witness in the community.
Gilford – 8
Rector: Denise Caddoo
- We continue to give thanks for all God’s blessings and his protection of the church and hall.
- We pray that more parents will bring their children to Sunday school when it resumes in September.
- We pray for protection and encouragement for the elderly members of the parish.
- We ask that God will equip us to reach out to the many people in our community who do not attend church.
Hope Community Church, Craigavon – 15 July
Minister–in–Charge: Craig Cooney
- Please pray for Hope Community Church as due to recent significant recent growth we now need to add an additional service in September. Pray that we would be able to resource this with volunteers.
- Give thanks to God for our recent ‘Gift Day’ which raised £25,000 towards the purchase of the first rectory for Hope.
- Pray that we would be able to find a larger building within the area soon to enable us to reach more people in the coming months and years with the Gospel of Jesus.
- Pray for us as we seek to engage much more actively in the local community through partnerships with organisations already on the ground and also with initiating our own ministries.
- Please pray that those new people joining us would experience a warm welcome and feel part of the community and also that they would find a place to use their gifts in service and connect with others.
Kilkeel – 22
- Please pray for guidance for the Board of Nomination which will meet to appoint a new rector.
- For those who are preaching and leading services during the vacancy and for the Select Vestry and Area Dean.
- For our Holiday Bible Club which takes place from 20–24 August and is already full. Please pray for a safe and fruitful time, that the children would learn about and encounter our incredible God.
Kilbroney Adventure Camps and JAM Camp – 29
Leaders: Tim Burns, Julie Currie and Andrew Brannigan
Dates: 29 July to 2 August – Junior Camp; 3 to 7 August – Middle Camp; 8 to 12 August – Senior Camp; 13 to 15 August – JAM Camp
- Give thanks for the continuing popularity of our camps and for our leadership team.
- Pray for safety on site and during the many activities.
- For meaningful and God–filled devotions together.
- Pray for stamina for the leaders and volunteers.
- That the whole experience would be a joyful and significant one for the campers.
Kilmegan & Maghera – 5 August
Rector: Chris Carson
- Pray for unity and a team spirit in the vestries at both Kilmegan and Maghera.
- For increased attendances, especially at Sunday morning worship over the summer months.
- Pray for effective thought provoking and Bible–based sermons to bring about spiritual life in the hearts and minds of the listeners and for effective relevant, book reviews.
- We ask for blessing on our monthly first Monday prayer time in St Donard’s, Dundrum.
- Bless the Women’s Fellowship with unity and wisdom and pray for a gradual influx of new members and new ideas.
- Pray for continued enjoyable and effective parish sales every first Saturday of the month.
Knocknamuckley – 12 August
Rector: Geoffrey Haugh
For Bleary & Knocknamuckley’s ministry among their youth and children:
- We give thanks for the numbers who have attended throughout the year and for the support of parents and the prayer warriors within our congregation.
- Give thanks for the opportunities we have had to share the Gospel with our young people. We pray that the seeds that have been planted will grow and bear fruit.
- Pray for the protection of our young people over the summer break and that they will attend church services over the summer months.
- That our teachers will have a rest over the summer and come back refreshed in September.
- We pray for safe and godly camps.
Bible Week 2018 – 19 August
28–31 August 2018 at 7.45 pm in Willowfield Church, Belfast
- For Bishop Grant LeMarquand, our speaker this year.
- That we would truly “Enter the Throne Room” as Grant teaches from the Book of Revelation.
- Pray for the refreshment and encouragement of the diocese at the beginning of a busy season in church life.
- Pray for good attendance each evening.
Ordination of Deacons – 26 August
Shankill Parish Lurgan at 6.30 pm
Please pray for those being ordained deacon for internships in the diocese; for wisdom and grace as they assume their new roles:
- Peter Hilton for Hillsborough
- Karen Salmon for Shankill
- Jonathan Brown for Dromore Cathedral
- Emma Carson for Magheralin
Thank you for praying