St Finnian, Cregagh Park, Belfast
Office Opening Times:
Wed and Thurs 8.30 – 1.30
The Parish Church is visible just below the Knock dual carriageway, and is easily accessed by turning down the Cregagh Road and taking the second turn on the right.
- Canon Jonathan Pierce (Rector)
028 9079 3822
- Revd. Raymond Kettyle (Curate)
028 9079 6193
- Janet Johnston (Rector’s Secretary)
028 9079 2793 (Parish Office)
There are four services each Sunday: Holy Communion at 8.30am, a simple Morning Service at 10am, a more traditional Service with robed choir at 11.30am and an Evening Service at 7pm, which is quite well attended by present standards, as indeed are our midweek, Advent and Lent Services on Thursday evenings. On the first Sunday each month we have Connec+ in the Huston Hall at 10 am – this is a very relaxed and informal time of worship, particularly suited to young families. We also have a Healing Service conducted by Brother David Jardine on Tuesdays at 8, and we have Holy Communion and prayers for the sick on Wednesday mornings at 10.30am attended by around 30 people. There is Sunday School at the 10 and 11.30 services and Pathfinders for 11–14 year olds at this time also. In addition, we have the usual parochial organisations from the Brownies and Anchor Boys to the Church of Ireland Men’s Society and Mothers’ Union, plus a number of more informal groups, the newest being the Ladies’ Open Door Friendship Group.
Every Sunday at 8.30 a.m.
1st Sunday at 11.30 a.m.
3rd Sunday at 10.00 a.m.
4th Sunday at 7.00 p.m.
10.00 a.m. and 11.30 a.m.
10.00 a.m. on 1st Sunday – ‘CONNEC+’ in the Huston Hall
Evening Prayer at 7.00 p.m.
Holy Communion and Prayers for the Sick – every Wednesday at 10.30 a.m.
- Parish Choir – Practice Wednesdays @ 7.30pm
- Mothers’ Union – 1st Thursday of each month @ 8.00pm in the Huston Hall
- Church of Ireland Men’s Society – 3rd Thursday of each month from October to May
- Ladies’ Open Door Friendship Group – alternate Wednesday Afternoons @ 2.00pm
- Mixed Bowling Club – Wednesdays @ 7.30pm
- Mothers and Toddlers – Monday mornings
- Anchor Boys – Tuesdays @ 6.45pm
- Boys’ Brigade – Mondays @ 7.30pm
- Youth Fellowship – Sundays @ 7.00pm
- Pathfinders – Sundays @ 10.00am and 11.30am
- Sunday Schools – Sundays @ 10.00am and 11.30am