St Mark, Holywood Road, Belfast
Office Opening Times:
Mon–Wed–Thurs 9.00 am – 1.00 pm
The church is situated on the main Holywood Road going towards the Bangor Road. It has a very distinctive sandstone tower which is visible from all over Belfast. Alternatively the church can be approached from the Sydenham by–pass, by turning back towards Belfast at the Tillysburn Roundabout.
- Rector: Revd Helene Steed
- Curate: Revd Chris St John
- Mrs Linda Nicholson (Parish Administrator)
(028) 9065 4090
St Mark’s Parish has a clear Anglican identity and aims to be the spiritual home for all our parishioners regardless of age. Hence, we try to offer a wide variety of services and activities. Our vision is expressed in the following three points:
· St Mark’s – A warm and welcoming Church, where the preaching, teaching and pastoral care are the fruits of Christ–centred worship, and where the nearness of God is experienced in the spirituality of the rich liturgical and choral traditions of the Anglican Communion.
· St Mark’s – A Church, where our witness is demonstrated through our actions, and where the Christian faith is living, real and relevant to a modern world.
· St Mark’s – An outward looking congregation seeking to increase Christ’s Kingdom through the teachings of Holy Scriptures; and a place where people of all ages and backgrounds can feel at home as they seek to grow in faith.
Our vision is based around encouragement. We are encouraged to grow in faith, in fellowship and also in numbers. So far, the response has been heartening and it has brought together parishioners of all ages and interests and we feel both blessed and inspired.
St Paul said:
Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, as indeed you are doing.(1 Thessalonians 5:11)
News & Events
8.30am Holy Communion
9.30am Informal Service
1st Sunday 10.30am Family Service,
2nd Sunday 10.30am Morning Prayer,
3rd Sunday 10.30am Parish Communion,
4th Sunday 10.30am Morning Prayer
Every Sunday 6.30pm Evening Service
11am Holy Communion
7.30pm Evening prayer and intercessions for the sick
- Singing Club (children from 4yrs)
- Mums and Chums
- Youth Fellowship
- Sunday School
- Study Group
- Book Club
- Mothers’ Union
- Drama Group
- Men’s Group
- Flower Guild
- Creative Stitching Group
- Walking Group
- Scottish Country Dancing