St. Philip & St. James, Church Road, Holywood
Office Opening Times:
Holywood is on the southern shore of Belfast Lough, five miles from the city centre. From the crossroads in the centre of Holywood (by the Maypole) travel a quarter of a mile in the direction away from the Lough up Church Road. Holywood Parish Church is on the right set in its own garden and lawns.
- Vicar – vacant
- Revd Geoffrey Haugh (Curate)
- Parish Office:
(028) 9042 3622
We offer a variety of styles of worship and activities with a consistent emphasis on caring for everyone. We have a lively ministry to the elderly, a large youth work, a busy Sunday school and seven different services throughout the week to suit most tastes. There are various small groups through which to meet with others ranging from Bible study to bowling.
In preparation for the 2015 Year of Mission, we hope to make our worship more accessible to those around us and we also wish to continue to grow our relationships, further afield, through our mission connections with Asha in India and Kkalwe, a small village in Uganda. We now aim to encourage those with leadership gifts to involve many more in the life and ministry of the church. We want to be a strong church that, by our words, generosity and lifestyle, proclaims that the Kingdom of God is near to our friends, our families and to the community of Holywood.
8am: Holy Communion
9.45am Family Service Holy Comm. 1st Sunday
11.30am: Morning Prayer Holy Comm. 1st Sunday
5.30pm: Evening Prayer Holy Comm. 4th Sunday
7pm: Evening Praise & Worship
9.00am: Monday–Friday Morning Prayer in the Parish Centre
10.30am: Wednesday Holy Communion
10.00am: Thursday Preschool Praise in the Parish Centre
- Afternoon Group Fellowship– worship and talks on the third Wednesday of every month
- Bell Ringers
- Indoor bowls @ 7:30pm on Monday evenings in autumn and winter
- Choir & Jubilate singing groups
- Craft Club– Embroidery crochet and knitting on Wednesday afternoons
- Close Knit– Knitting, crocheting, cross–stitch etc, last Wednesday of every month, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Source Groups– 7–9pm Tuesday (11–14 years) & Thursday (15–18 years) evenings bible study and fellowship for secondary age.
- GAP– Friday night youth club 7–9pm; 8–10 years
- Fellowship Groups– Bible study and fellowship with friends fortnightly
- Flower Arrangers
- SNYP– Sunday Evening Youth Programme
- Keep Fit– Wednesday morning ladies’ ‘work outs’
- Kidzone Sunday Groups
- Men’s Society– First Tuesdays
- School of Theology– Monday Evening
- Mothers’ Union– First Wednesday
- Prayer Meetings– Weekly meetings to pray for the church
- Pre–School Praise Songs, prayers and learning about Jesus Thursday mornings
- Uniformed Organisations – Scouts for ages 4– 18
- Wednesday Lunches– Weekly lunches for older members of the community
- Worship Bands– Musicians who lead at our contemporary services
- 31:13 Movement in Worship– Worshipping through movement, dance and stillness.
- Prayers for Revival– 6–6.55pm Second Sundays