Belfast: Mount Merrion
The Church of the Pentecost, Mount Merrion Avenue, Belfast
Cregagh Estate, Belfast
Office Opening Times:
Belfast: Mount Merrion
Mount Merrion is located on Mount Merrion Avenue between the Beersbridge roundabout and Rosetta in East Belfast. (Just by the entrance to Ravenhill rugby ground)
- Rev Adrian Green (Bishop’s Curate)
- Aaron Boyce (Worship & Music Outreach Pastor)
- Rachel Irish (Community Outreach Worker)
- Jackie Moates (Parish Administrator)
Mount Merrion Parish Church has been part of the Cregagh community for almost 50 years and whether you are just visiting, new to the area or looking for a church, then we would love you to pop to one of our services, events or activities. You can be sure of a warm welcome.
We believe that church should be an inclusive environment where those of all ages, abilities, colour and backgrounds can come and experience the love of Jesus.
Our purpose is to be a group of people who grow to be more like Jesus and take his love to those who are yet unreached or unconvinced. To live life to the full and help others do the same.
Our values are:
- To love God
- To love each other
- To grow and fulfil our God given purpose in life
- To be outward focused
We are the perfect church for people who aren’t!
Our vision is underpinned by the desire to be a ‘church in the community, for the community’ and to fulfil the Great Commission by taking the love of Jesus to those living and working around us in every way we can.
Our plans for the future involve developing the building to meet the needs of sharing the gospel in an ever changing society and in playing our part as an integral part of life on the Cregagh estate.
We aim to develop activities for children and youth, the elderly and everyone in between, as well as running courses that will help individuals deal with life events such as parenting, money management, marriage and their journey of faith.
- 1st Sunday of Month – Holy Communion
- Other Sundays – Morning Worship
- 5th Sunday of Month – All age family service
A kids group, lead by our Children’s Worker, runs during each service and facilities are available for toddlers and babies.
Refreshments are available after each service.
Specials services are held at various times of the year, including Easter, Christmas, Remembrance Sunday, Harvest & Mothers day.
Infant thanksgiving services, baptisms, weddings and funerals can also be arranged.
- Bible Study – Monday at 7.30pm
- Toddlers– Tuesday 10–11.30 am
- Prayer Meeting – Tuesday at 7.30pm
- Homework Club– Wednesday 2–4 pm
- Crafty Drop–in– Wednesday 7.30pm
- Messy Church– 3rd Fri of every month at 3pm
- Mount Merrion Music Academy